Monday, March 9, 2009

Crystal Kay's 10th Anniversary - Vote for your favorite songs!


As I mentioned before, Crystal Kay will be commemorating her 10 years in the music industry on July 1st with a special release of some sort. Her very first single, Eternal Memories, was released on July 1st, 1999. My guess is that she will release a compilation album and a new single, as クリ reports on her blog that she is in and out of the studio recording. With her milestone quickly approaching, Crystal has reached out to her fans through her official website and asked for their input. She wants you to vote for your three favorite songs from her decade-spanning discography -- from Eternal Memories to 出会えた軌跡 (Deaeta Kiseki). Tough, I know.

Her site is in Japanese, but it's not too difficult to navigate
from here. Just select your favorite songs, give your nickname, gender, and age, and tell Crystal why you chose the songs you selected. It only takes a couple minutes or so, depending on how much you'd like to write, but I think it would be a great way to show support for Crystal in America. If BoA can crossover to the States, Crystal Kay certainly can, and maybe this will help make it happen.

The three songs I chose were 恋におちたら (Koi ni Ochitara) and I Know from Call Me Miss... and こんなに近くで。。。(Konna ni Chikaku De) from ALL YOURS. Some of Crystal's most popular songs, but hey, they're popular for good reason. Check out my favorite live performance of 恋におちたら (Koi ni Ochitara) and listen to こんなに近くで。。。(Konna ni Chikaku De) and I Know below.
And don't forget to vote!





No comments: