Thursday, May 21, 2009

Super Duper Uh-Maze-N - Lady GaGa: Paparazzi (Live Acoustic)

This is incredible. Like, try and forget that I have an IV constantly feeding me GaGa Kool-Aid for a minute and allow yourself to enjoy the magic. Seriously, who else does this? You have all the cookie-cutter pop acts who don't write any of their shit, desperately trying to remain current by shaving half their heads or showing their cho-chas (or, in one particularly desperate case, both) and can't actually sing when they finally do get up on stage. And then you have GaGa. I hate when people call her the next Britney or Princess of Pop. Britney never had a fraction of GaGa's talent. Ever. And she damn sure doesn't have it now. Britney sold a lot of records. Period. And it's debatable how much of that even had anything to do with her. Anyway, let me cut myself off before this becomes any more scathing. Check out the live, acoustic version of Paparazzi from Lady GaGa's debut album, The Fame, below.

2 comments:

Junlee said...

I honestly didn't know she had it like that vocally. I know after that performance she did on American Idol where it seemed like she was convulsing on stage, a lot of people thought she was crap. But she can SING!

Nice.

Btw, why does she look like she belongs in Beetlejuice?

Random J said...

I agree. Her vocal game is stronger than I thought it was.

I love how she takes songs you didn't think could be stripped down without that dance bounce, and makes them work and sound better in the process. I love the album version, but this rendition shows off her vocals more.