Friday, August 7, 2009

(Another) New Music Video: BoA - Energetic



I'll be honest and say I listened to Energetic exactly once when BoA's English debut album had just been released. But, sometimes a decent video can breathe new life into a song you've passed over. This is almost the case with Energetic; while the track may have more potential than I initially realized, I still don't think it has enough of an impact to make BoA's crossover into the American market any more relevant. However, I can definitely imagine getting down to this in a club. I recently heard I Did it For Love at a bar and it knocked like it never did in my home.

Now, onto the bad: BoA is definitely wearing way too much makeup in this MV; it's the worst I've ever seen her. Not that she's ugly, but she looks weird -- I much prefer her fresh-faced. Also, it really annoys me that she's not singing the hook, which is arguably the best part of the song. Can someone offer Sean Garrett a seat? Thanks.

No comments: