Saturday, September 5, 2009

Crystal Kay Promotes New Album: Watch 'KnO,' Listen to 'Step by Step' & 'Helpless Night' ft. Jin Akanishi



Crystal Kay performs 恋におちたら for the umpteenth time and I still swoon. She just sounds and looks so good. Love the pose at the end! Of course, Crystal is pimping out her most successful single to date on Music Fair to promote her new compilation album, BEST of CRYSTAL KAY, which is actually selling fairly well. I was a tad nervous when her double A-side After Love/Girlfriend basically bombed, but I guess a catalogue of all her hits along with Jin Akanishi's name on the cover of the CD is providing more of an incentive. As I've mentioned before, the album is absolutely amazing in all its awesomeness, and you should definitely pick it up if your a fan. Check out a couple of the tracks from the new disc below.








Step by Step
Crystal Kay
BEST of CRYSTAL KAY









Helpless Night
Crystal Kay featuring Jin Akanishi
BEST of CRYSTAL KAY


Step by Step must be a lot like crack. I don't know, I'll have to ask Whitney. But, seriously, I start to itch if I haven't heard it over six hours. It's the best result one could have imagined from a collaboration with Yasutaka Nakata; Kuri brought out the best in his style. Love it. Helpless Night is nice, but leaves a little to be desired. I'll go ahead and blame that on Jin; he just doesn't sell it. I would have preferred Wonder to be included instead, but again, it's not a bad listen. Honestly, with the After Love/Girlfriend single and the four new tracks included in this set, Kuri was well on her way to a new studio album. I'm a bit flummoxed as to why all these great tracks and high profile guests are being relegated to a first-press special edition disc, but then again, Crystal is never really promoted well. All we can do as fans is support our girl =D.

Because I can't help myself, I'm throwing in this video of Crystal Kay and BoA in the studio recording Girlfriend. They're so encouraging of one another. And Kuri doing the Eat You Up choreo!! かわいい!!


No comments: