Friday, September 11, 2009

New Music: Mika Says 'Blame' the Girls...I'm With Him


It is gloomy here today in New York City; it has been raining since early morning, and, of course, today's significance is enough to put a dour fog on any day. So, when I'm feeling glum, I play music to cheer myself up and who better to put a smile on my face than the ever adorable Mika? Isn't it just serendipitous then that I got my mitts on Mika's brand new single this morning?

Blame It On the Girls is fantastic pop. The opening drums, handclaps, and piano draws you in immediately and Mika takes you for a ride. The lyrics are characteristically fresh, the melody customarily infectious and the song overall is less polarizing than lead single We Are Golden. Everyone can get into this.

Check out Mika's second single, Blame It On the Girls below. Mika's second studio album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, will be available on September 21. I've also thrown in a live performance of We Are Golden. Allow Mika's joyous music and smile to brighten your day. I think I see the sun peering out...









Blame It On the Girls
Mika
The Boy Who Knew Too Much


No comments: